In this online casino guide, we look at the growth of the New Zealand market when it comes to new online casinos. Now, the choice of casinos in New Zealand is already great, but a few more can't hurt. Day by day and week by week, new casinos arrive on the market and are hoping to offer a level of service their predecessors may have missed or not done as well.
|Rainbow Spins||Up to 500 Free Spins on Irish Pot Luck!||Play Now|
|Caxino Casino||€200+ 100 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Cosmo Casino||150 Free Spins||Play Now|
|All Slots||$1500||Play Now|
|Zodiac Casino||$480+ 80 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Voodoodreams||$100+ 200 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Royal Vegas||–||Play Now|
|Wildz||$1000 + 200 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Fresh Casino||–||Play Now|
|Black Diamond||–||Play Now|
Last Updated on
- +Best New Sites
- +How We Review Sites
- +Pros and Cons
- +What to Expect
- How New Is 'New'?
- Joining New Sites
What are the Best New Casino Sites NZ?
In this guide to New Online Casino Sites, we see what the markets are offering and what it takes for new operators to compete for the attention of kiwi players.
What are the things to consider when picking yourself a new online casino?
When looking for the best online casino for NZ players, you have to bear in mind that we are all different.
There is no one single greatest casino. While we do list the top new casino sites 2023 has, these are just recommendations.
What might be a great casino for one player, may not actually provide the right service for another.
This may not be down to games, there are lots of factors that play a part in selecting where you should join.
The 5 Important Factors of a New Casino
Many new players out there become too excited to stop, wait, and assess the markets. Some will just happily join the same domains as their friends, but they might be better off elsewhere.
Here are five important factors that need to be considered by all players online when trying to find the best casino for them.
- Legal & Safe: Before a casino can go live online, it must first be registered and licenced by one of the industries Gambling commissions. With no licence, operators cannot legally function online, and should not be offering their services to kiwi players.
Licence statuses are found within the websites of governing commissions, plus, if the casino does not display its licence data, then this is a red flag. Licencing and safety go hand in hand because of the regulation checks which are carried out prior to the approval of a gambling licence.
- Performance: This refers to the access of the casino and how it is user-friendly. Is the casino easy to navigate? Does the operator provide a casino app? Performances of the online casino should be near stripped to their basics, if a casino holds over 3000 games, then simple filtering options should be provided. Too much without clarity can hamper the overall experience and can leave players lost and missing out on other potential great features.
- Gaming Menu: Knowing what you want to play will be your first indicator of where you should join. If your interests are just live roulette tables, then focus on the casino offering the best of this service. If you want to mix your gaming up, then look at casinos that provide multiple gaming areas. The game count is not overly important. This is because, in time, you will naturally settle to play your favourite games or at least those by your favourite developer. But let’s not forget, we are all different, the game count might be important for some, so you will find some casinos offer a game counter. Think about how you want to be entertained. See what potential a casino has with its gaming service. The developers involved play a huge role in the quality of gameplay offered. A general rule of thumb is that it is better to have more developers than it is to have more games.
- Promotion Bonuses: We tend to advise that bonuses should not be a point of judgement when deciding where to play. This is because bonuses are volatile and are constantly subject to change. Promos are no clear indicator of what constitutes a good or bad casino. However, there are players out there that have a big interest in bonuses. All we can advise is that some of the qualities of a casino are found amongst the Terms and Conditions (t&cs) of their bonus. While Welcome Bonuses are often the largest offer gifted by a casino, they are there to lure new players. Always read the t&cs to understand the true costs of the deal.
- Banking Options: It is far too easy to assume that all casinos are the same and so too are the banks. Far from the truth. Casinos must pay banks for their services. Merchant costs can determine who a casino uses and what level of service is provided. For example, while Mastercard is undoubtedly one of the biggest banking services, not every casino online will allow you to withdraw money using them. Granted this is a small proportion but take note to check that you can deposit and withdraw from the casino’s list of payment services.
Once you start to incorporate this understanding into how you select casinos, you start to see a bigger picture of what this industry holds. You will improve your understanding of safety and may start to explore different gaming potential that you may have not considered. You will also appreciate the importance of reading t&cs.
This is all about finding what works best for you in your current situation. It isn’t uncommon for first-time players to join more than one casino. You can join as many as you want.
It is no surprise to find players signed to a sportsbook because it offers the best in that service for them, yet the casino isn’t as great. So, they are then signed to another casino because the games are better, however, the sportsbook doesn’t beat the other.
A juggling act for some but contentment in their needs being serviced too.
How We Review the Best New Casino Sites
How do we review new online casinos in New Zealand?
Our experience helps us to create the criteria we judge all online casinos by. This process is done before they are reviewed and listed on our website.
We are a team of players, ex-players, and former employees of the gambling industry.
In reviewing online gambling services, we use our knowledge to help select the safest, legal, and legitimate NZ casinos online.
Experience is something we hope will grow in you.
There is a world of difference between those that play to win and those that know how the games work.
While this knowledge is no guarantee for success, it does help with better gambling choices and how players approach their favoured games.
Our System for Reviewing New Zealand’s New Casinos
Previously, we highlighted 5 key areas of interest that must be looked at when picking a new online casino.
This bleeds into how we review sites. This information is combined with the services of the operator and other aspects that formulate our casino reviews.
With the newest online casinos our reviews will look at the following features and services:
- Games: Our gaming coverage looks at the slots, table games, and mobile games offered by new casinos. We highlight titles of interest and explain to new players what potential is offered by each gaming feature.
- Software: We inform potential members what software is helping to power the casinos. This focuses mainly on gaming software. Here we highlight the key developers and even list their more popular games.
- Banking: Knowing how you can deposit and withdraw your NZD is important. We list the methods of payment accepted and what transactional service they can provide.
- Safe & Legal: How did the casino’s operator pass our criteria? Here you learn a bit about the businesses behind the scenes. We inform players of the licence that is held and who operates the casino business. If the casino is backed by independent certification, this is noted for the player’s interest.
- Mobile: Does the new casino offer its members one-touch access via their app? Is it compatible with any Android, iOS, or Windows software? Find out if you can take the new platform with you and play with a level of convenience that is now expected of all services online.
- Bonuses: We look at the Welcome Bonuses and the offering of a VIP online casino programme if one is offered. These are the more longstanding reward services that are changed less frequently by an operator. We share the terms put forward and help players to understand how they are to be used correctly.
- Customer Support: Is the casino support available 24/7? How can you make contact? In this section of our reviews, we discuss the contact points and the additional support provided by their Customer Services.
When reviewing a new casino, there is a conscious comparison made with what came before. Because standards are naturally set, and along with our criteria in place, we can give a precise verdict on how they perform as a gambling operator.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of New Online Casinos 2023
What are the advantages and disadvantages in opting for brand new casino sites?
New casinos should have the upper hand, right? When you have the benefit of surveying what came before, surely, they must be better.
The landscape that casinos try to fit into is perpetually changing. This can come from new technologies to new innovative ideas.
Does a new site guarantee it to be the fastest payout casino NZ has?
Does it guarantee more software and more games than other NZ casinos?
Here are the advantages of opting for a new online casino, followed by the potential disadvantages.
New Casino Advantages
- ✅ Bonuses - Promotional bonuses are more innovative, exciting, and fair.
- ✅ VIP - There is more recognition to the loyalty of customers, and VIP Clubs are rewarding player efforts.
- ✅ Gamification - The increase in gamification is apparent in new casinos. Offering more challenges, tournaments, and missions.
- ✅ New Software - Technology is more up-to-date. This covers the functions of the casino, along with safety, and mobile app performances.
- ✅ Mobile Casino - Mobile compatibility is now 100%. All new casinos are accessible via any smartphone without an app being necessary.
- ✅ Support - Customer Support is more expansive, both in contact and in retrieving information. Casinos recognise the importance of human interaction, therefore, more are open 27/4 for NZ players.
- ✅ User Experiences - Feedback is now highly encouraged by new casinos. They know the value of information and how it can impact the market. This also leads to the increased use of social media platforms being used by casino operators.
- ✅ Banking – The new age of banking in crypto is now available with many new casinos. Accepted coins include Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Ripple. Do not be surprised to see the list expand over the coming years.
New Casino Disadvantages
- ❌ Deposits - Minimum deposits are naturally higher in the beginning because new casinos naturally need to get some financial stability to cover the initial overhead costs of setting up a business.
- ❌ Withdrawals - Withdrawal limits on a new casino are far lower than what is being offered by established operators. Returns can sometimes be slower.
- ❌ Gaming Software – Newer sites are likely to carry fewer software developers until they can build a reputation and add to this.
- ❌ Sports – Having access to live sports from a brand-new platform is very rare. This comes down to operational costs. Many casinos online now that have sportsbooks started in the same position.
What Can You Expect from a New Casino?
What can I expect from a new casino that’s recommended by Online Casino New Zealand.NZ?
There is no one answer to this. Each new casino that gets reviewed by us is uniquely different. The only thing in common with all of them is that they all met our criteria to get this far.
There is a mix of styles and services that you get from new casinos.
You have casino sites with no deposit promos. You have operators using new software. They also have wider interaction on social media platforms to better engage with their members.
Here are some new online casinos NZ has welcomed since 2020.
We have compiled a brief breakdown of services and features that show the difference across 5 new online casinos.
Pocket Play Casino
Launched into the world of online casinos in 2020, Pocket Play brings a service of over 2000 games, award-winning software, and mobile gaming.
Everything about this platform oozes gaming. As such, their menu holds 13 categories to pick from.
This is a new-age showcasing.
Here you can access Live Casino, Megaways, Scratch Cards, Video Poker, Slots, Jackpots, and a lot more.
- ✅ Curacao Gaming Authority Licence
- ✅ 16 Software Developers
- ✅ 2000+ Casino Games
- ✅ Loyalty Free Spin Rewards
- ✅ Crypto Payments Accepted
- ❌ No Sports Betting
Pocket Play Casino looks like a typical new casino. You have a lot of games from a handful of award-winning providers who can present hours of entertainment and help you win fortunes if you are lucky.
The interface is hugely engaging and stripped back to be easy to use.
All new players joining this new casino can opt for the Welcome Bonus package offering 100% up to NZ$300 with 100 free spins, and a 10% Cashback Bonus. T&Cs apply.
It was only a matter of time till emoji was played on and here it is with Emojino Casino.
This vibrant platform has two areas of gaming that house the entertainment and potential fortunes.
Simply titled Games and Live Casino, you have an abundance of software powering both areas. In total, 22 gaming software developers help to make this one of the best new sites in New Zealand.
- ✅ MGA Licence
- ✅ Award-Winning Live Casino
- ✅ Play Over 1000 Video Slots
- ✅ Get the Fastest Withdrawals in NZ
- ✅ Compatible with iOS and Android
- ✅ VIP Rewards
- ❌ No Sports Betting
Sign to Emojino and you can receive a Welcome Bonus that rewards NZ$1100 and 75 free spins (T&Cs apply).
Get more privileges to your membership with the casino’s High Fly VIP service. You can also access new banking services Jeton and MiFinity amongst the usual list of payment solutions.
Make your experience a #smilelyface with Emojino.
With its comic book style, Amok Casino brings plenty of “POW!” to the games and services of its operation.
This is one of the largest gaming platforms that you have in New Zealand. Over 3500 games are provided to you by 79 different software developers.
This is a rare new casino that has instantly come to the NZ market with more games than many of the more seasoned casinos found online.
- ✅ MGA Licence
- ✅ Play 3500+ Video Slots
- ✅ Experience 290 Live Tables
- ✅ 10% Cashback Bonus
- ✅ Partnered with 79 Software Developers
- ✅ Tournaments and Prize Pools to Win
- ❌ No Live Sports
The Amok online casino is one of a few new sites run by the same operator that is offering a 10% Cashback as a Welcome Bonus. This is a complete change from the norm, where 99% of casinos online go with the conventional credit + spins reward. T&Cs apply.
A new welcoming approach from the new operator.
Bringing a gaming power of live sports betting, casino games, and live dealer tables. This site breaks all the conventional rules of what a new casino can and cannot provide.
If you want it all, then look no further. This will give you live new sports action, new access to 250 of the biggest slots in New Zealand. Plus, one of the best live casino experiences there is in the world.
- ✅ Curacao eGaming Licence
- ✅ Live Sports Betting
- ✅ New Progressive Jackpots
- ✅ New Live Dealer Games
- ✅ Refer a Friend Bonus
- ✅ Dozens of Sports Promotions
- ✅ Crypto Payment Accepted
- ❌ Cannot Withdraw Using Paysafecard
As PowerPlay entered into the New Zealand airspace, other casinos knew they were in trouble.
Those smart enough to sign up can claim a Welcome Bonus of NZ$1000 along with 100 spins to use in their casino. T&Cs apply.
Woo is the typical casino that sat back, did their homework, and has come into the New Zealand market with innovative tournaments and VIP reward services that have a twist.
You’ve over 1500 games here powered by gaming masters Red Tiger, NetEnt, and IGT. You also have a new breed of developers here like NoLimit City and Lucky Streak that inject much-needed energy into the industry.
- ✅ Curacao Licence
- ✅ Play 1500+ Games
- ✅ New VIP/Missions Feature
- ✅ Crypto Accepted
- ✅ Mobile App
- ✅ Wheel of Fortune
- ❌ No Sports
The construction of this site is very appealing. Navigation through the site is smooth and accessing payments and live chat support is all one-touch action.
Open your account at Woo Casino and have the opportunity to claim a Welcome Bonus of NZ$200 with 200 bonus spins. T&Cs apply.
How 'New' Are Our New Casinos?
How new does a new online casino have to be before it is too old?
There are many new online casinos in New Zealand that are added to the market every month. You will not be short of choice when selecting a brand-new website.
New is anything within the past 5 years. This is a very fresh period in which an online casino will still be growing as a business and going through inevitable changes to adapt to trends and its competitors.
Below are 10 of the newest casinos to be reviewed by us and open to the market in New Zealand:
|New Online Casino||Year of Launch||Welcome Bonus||Licence|
|Pocket Play||2020||NZ$300 + 100 Spins*||365/JAZ**|
|Refuel Casino||2020||10% Cashback*||MGA/B2C/367/2016**|
|Emojino||2020||NZ$1100 + 75 Spins*||MGA/B2C/778/2020|
|Amok Casino||2020||10% Cashback*||MGA/B2C/367/2016**|
|Mount Gold||2020||10% Cashback*||MGA/B2C/367/2016**|
|Vesper Casino||2020||NZ$500 + 200 Spins*||365/JAZ**|
|Power Play||2020||NZ$1000 + 100 Spins*||5536/JAZ|
|Caxino Casino||2020||NZ$200 + 100 Spins*||MGA/B2C/599/2018|
|Woo Casino||2020||NZ$200 + 200 Spins*||8048/JAZ2020-013|
|Captain Spins||2019||NZ$1,200 + 260 Spins*||MGA/B2C/370/2017|
(* T&Cs apply and Subject to change)
(** Run by same operators)
How to Join the Newest Online Casinos
The very new casinos that have emerged online are more in touch with more modern player needs.
The glaring indication of this comes from the growth in crypto usage and acceptance.
While there are many payment solutions to handle the NZD currency, implementing crypto to their services now has them better positioned for what may come in the future.
It’s worth remembering that new casinos online are not the finished product. Every casino must evolve to survive what is a very crowded market.
New sites are not overtly better than those that have experience behind them. Each casino does what it can to the best of its ability.
If you can imagine a new casino offering more games, a faster app, bigger bonuses, yet the customer care service cannot meet the demands because new casinos will suffer teething problems.
Put things into context. Aim for the best casino to provide you with the entertainment you want. Plus, you can always join more than one service online here in New Zealand.
Conclusion on New Casinos
We provide you with the most exciting new casinos to enter New Zealand. Each service is regulated and licenced by one or more official gambling commissions.
Casinos are checked and tested directly by us.
We do our best to give you as much relevant information about the new casinos in our reviews.
From them, you can learn all about games, software, and support, plus banking, along with many other services.
All new casinos carry exciting offers, with some ignoring the common option of credit and spins, instead, give you cashback on losses.
Whether you play inside a new casino or go old-school, luck is the determining factor for your success.
Remember to gamble responsibly and enjoy your new surroundings.
Choosing Your Casino
As you discover the best NZ casino games, we encourage you to consider reading our casino guides such as the $1 deposit casino and reviews like the Cosmo Casino in New Zealand that will help you decide on the best casino that meets your needs.
FAQ on New Casinos
Do New Online Casinos have No Deposit Bonuses?
No Deposit Bonuses are rare, even with older casinos. Plus, all promotions are subject to change so if you see the chance, take it. The opportunity for them to come about from new casinos is possible. At the point of making this review, there were no bonuses offered that exempted the requirement to deposit.
Is it Legal to Join Online Casinos in New Zealand?
Yes. Under the Gambling Act of 2003, no section of the law prohibits the use and access of foreign online casinos. All of the new casinos listed here are registered and operated from within Europe. You are legally covered, no casino breaches the NZ laws, and none of your winnings are taxed.
Do We List Every Single New Casino in New Zealand?
No. We only list the best of the new ones. We have specific criteria that all casinos must meet before we pass them over to you as a recommendation.
Why Should I Pick a New Casino Over an Old One?
Technically speaking, you shouldn’t put new casinos ahead of older ones because the quality regarding the levels of service and the features within them are all relative. You should judge the casinos evenly. New sites are by far the finished product, and neither are the older ones. Every casino adapts to the environment and trends. You should make judgements based on what is perfect for you with whatever they may offer.
Do New Casinos Offer Better Wagering Requirements?
There seems to be more of a trend recently of new casinos giving bonuses without wagering requirements added. Nevertheless, for every casino that removes this term, there are still 5 others that have it. There is no one answer to this. Promotion terms are still a mixed bag because of how often they can change.
Can New Sites Give Me the Same Level of Customer Support as the Older Casinos?
Teething problems with new casinos are expected. The more established sites have no excuse should they suffer a drop in performance. The same levels of commitment to help are there, and time in responding may be slower. However, new casinos are more accessible across a wider range of services, including social media.
Which are the Best NZ Casinos to Come Out Since 2020?
Currently, our top 5 recommendations are:
- Pocket Play
- Refuel Casino
- Amok Casino
- Power Play
Are New Software Developers Better than Old Ones?
The benefit does not come from being better or not. Just having an alternative is good. There are many established developers, however, the problem with this is that every casino starts using the same ones. New sites bringing in new developers is a huge positive for the industry as a whole. Better? Well, there is only one way to find out.
Should I Pay Using Crypto?
Banking with cryptocurrencies must come with some caution. While several sites can accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dogecoin, to name a few, not every casino in New Zealand can provide the withdrawal part of this service. Often is the case, that your crypto is converted into dollars to play with. Be sure to read the casino’s banking data to see if they payout crypto. If not, then you may want to reconsider your payment options.
Do All New Casinos Offer Mobile Apps?
Yes and no. Apps are costly, and new casinos will have to weigh up their costs. Some operators will prioritise their apps because apps are a very popular function. Others will not because their casino will still be accessible via any mobile browser.