Online Casino – New Zealand’s Best Online Casinos Guide for 2020
At Online Casino New Zealand, we offer players the most comprehensive online casino comparison site. Discover the No.1 Sites to join in 2020, Game Guides how to Play and Win, plus access to Exclusive Bonuses only available to New Players using our site. All the Best NZ Online Casinos!
|Wildz||$500+ 200 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Gate 777 Casino||$1000+ 100 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Caxino Casino||$200+ 100 free spins||Play Now|
|Betway Casino||€1000||Play Now|
|Captain Spins||–||Play Now|
|Spin Casino||$1000||Play Now|
|Go Wild Casino||–||Play Now|
|Casino Dingo||–||Play Now|
|Raging Bull||$4000+ 50 Free Spins||Play Now|
|777 Casino||€200+ 77 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Voodoodreams||$100+ 200 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Rizk Casino||$200+50 free spins||Play Now|
|Jonny Jackpot||–||Play Now|
|Casino.com||€400+ 200 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Platinum Play||$800||Play Now|
|Planet 7||$100025 Free||Play Now|
|Gaming Club||$350||Play Now|
|Lucky Nugget||$200||Play Now|
Introducing You to New Zealand Online Casino Sites. The Best in 2020 and Beyond
Welcome to OnlineCasinoNewZealand.nz, the No.1 guide through casino that provides you with the most trusted online casino recommendations and the very best Exclusive Free Bonuses from each one of them, just for you!
Will you be the next big Millionaire made online? Ready for that life-changing experience?
We’re here to tell you all about the best sites in the business that are legal and available on the New Zealand market. We will inform you of all the latest Bonus offers, give you reviews an all online casinos so you can make your decision on where to play and win real NZ dollars.
We’ll also guide you through the process to open your online casino account and explain how to play games inside all of the online casino kiwi platforms. Finally, this guide also focuses on the key aspects of safety, security, fair play and legal services from licensed operators.
What to pay attention to whilst looking for an online casino?
There are a number of factors to consider when looking for a new online casino to join, so to make it super easy to follow the steps of selecting a casino online NZ that players can join, here are the main factors to think about before immediately playing online casino games from your new operator.
online casino games from your new operator.
- Legitimate Licensing Certification
- Regulated Online Banking Services
- Multi-device Access, including Mobile Gameplay
- Regulated and Tested Games
- Multiple Gaming Options, i.e. Sports Betting, Live Casino and General Casino
- Fair and Honest Casino Promotions
- Professional and Trained Customer Support Services
Our guide will help you to settle inside the best online casino for you
All the main factors of picking the right online casino will be discussed throughout this guide. Every area of a relevant subject will be covered to help you, the player, to find the right site to join and be supported by the games you love playing, with the best free bonuses to help you win real money and to gain access to your chosen platform from the devices that best suit you.
There are a ton of options ahead, we encourage you to take your time, make the right decisions for yourself, and if you wish, you’re welcome to join as many online casino NZ platforms from our top 10 list, should you wish to spread your good fortune as wide as possible.
Safety, Security and Fair Play: How to check the safety of gambling sites?
As a new player to the world of online gambling, finding the most trusted online casino can be tricky if you were to have not stumbled across our comparison site.
Here, in this section, we look at the safety and fairness of all kiwi online casinos and how you can distinguish the most reputable online casinos from those you are unsure about. We’ll indicate the primary points of what makes an operator a secure online casino service, so you are able to join and play with 100% confidence and peace of mind.
- Before a casino lands on the internet, the owning company must apply for a gambling license. This process is notoriously difficult and the timeframe regarding the application can take many months.
- If the license is not approved, no casino can legally perform online and in such a case would be deemed an illegal operator that would be closed down once the gambling commissions got wind of them.
- If the license is approved, the casino can go ahead with the stages of making their site. Once the casino is complete and ready to put online, further checks are made by the regulators to make sure the casino has the correct safety measures in place and that the games being used are provided by licensed software developers. They will also have been regulated and games tested prior to supplying the many numbers of casinos online.
- There are 4 gaming types within the casino. A)Traditional casino games; they are any types of casino games, ranging from slot machines to table games. B) Lottery games; these are lotto titles playable in their online version. C) Live dealer games; these are games that are streamed live from studios that use real gaming equipment that you can watch and bet on inside the casino. D) Sports Betting is a platform built and provided that is unlike anything else, live statistical reports, live odds, in-game management and much more makes this the most immersive form of gambling there is in the business.
- When you place a single bet within a casino, you are entering a legal condition whereby you are happy to pay for the service of the operator and in return, should your bet be successful, you are returned with a real money cash prize. The legal conditions are rigorously examined and checked at random by the licensing authorities to make sure both customers and more-importantly, casinos are abiding by the rules of fair play.
What makes a safe online casino NZ platform?
One of the most commonly asked questions regarding any form of gambling is ‘are online casinos rigged?’ This is a fair question and honestly answered, casinos are regulated and tested by independent authorities that make sure all games are programmed with fair variables that allow players to win real money under the right conditions.
So, can you win on online casinos? Yes, very much so and if it wasn’t the case a casino would be terminated for breaching the industry rules which are governed by legal requirements
This leads us to look at the next question ‘how do online casinos work?’ This is a question that comes with a lot of information, so we’ll break down the fundamentals so as not to confuse the formation of how an online casino operates.
What is the safest online casino?
There is no clearer way of saying this, but the safety of a casino goes beyond anything else that revolves around it as a gaming platform. There are many, many safety features that are attributed to the overall security of a site and, in turn, to that of a player’s personal data and personal information.
First, let us discuss the actual security systems in place before we go on the reactive measures that are linked to this.
So, the number one online security software is a tool which is used by 99.99% of all online casino and banking services. This is the SSL software, standing for Secure Sockets Layer. To put it simply, the SSL tool is an encryption software program that codes all data to protect it from online cyber-attacks.
The tool comes in two main sizes. The 128-bit SSL tool is as standard with an online casino, given the size of the platform it doesn’t really need to be bigger. There are casinos that do go beyond this with 256-bit SSL software and puts this into the military leagues, but regardless of the bit-size they provide equally good support and will block and cease any DDoS attacks (Distribution Denial of Service) which are commonly the weapon of choice when it comes to online hackers.
Additional Safety features you’ll get with NZ online casinos
- Passwords and Log-in Security: When you come registering your online account, you will be asked to pick a strong username and, with this, a 4-digit code. You will also have to create your password to gain access to your new account. Your log-in can further be secured via the mobile app and using your fingerprint to unlock your account.
- ID Verification: When in the process of registration, you must submit a photo ID of yourself and photo proof of address. These are part of the KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements that are in place to make sure the casino is not accepting players which may have a history of money laundering.
- eCOGRA: They are an accredited testing body used by casinos to run checks on the games and how they payout. They provide reports, some of which are available for casino clients to see. They also make checks on the security systems and approval from them is like a badge of honour inside the gambling industry.
- Technical Systems Testing: Often seen on casino sites abbreviated as TST. They are also another independent game tester that provides reports on live dealer games, sports betting and slot to evaluate how often they payout, thusly making sure everything is fair and within the rules and regulations of online casino law.
- Licensing: We will touch on this in more detail below, but in short, a license gives a site official gambling service status. There are only a handful of authorities and commissions around the world that give casinos jurisdiction to provide their services online and without the license, a casino would be performing business and transactions illegally and will be shut down and prosecuted once discovered.
TOP 3 NEW ZEALAND CASINOS
Legitimate NZ Casinos – Is online gambling legal in New Zealand?
Now, a look at NZ casino online licensing; how does an internet casino get acceptance from the board of official? And how to tell yourself if the casino you join is a trusted online casino if you do not select your operator from the TOP 10 list or recommendations found here are OnlineCasinoNewZealand.nz
Licensing official from around the world
There are 6 global licensing bodies that can give any online NZ casino jurisdiction to supply services to Kiwi players.
- Curaçao eGaming Authority
- UK Gambling Commission
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Panama Gaming Control Board
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
There is one thing to note with all this, yes, these are licensing bodies that are outside of New Zealand. But as they as still able to licenses casinos that are not actually made in New Zealand, they are still nevertheless classed as casinos NZ that players can still join.
Note: New Zealand Online Gambling Law: It is illegal for a casino to be registered in the borders of New Zealand (aka remote gambling) and to provide their services in an online capacity. Because of online freedom, players are permitted and allowed to play inside of casinos that are registered abroad.
These casinos are, therefore, licensed by any one or more of the six governing bodies listed above. These licensed casinos are then approved by New Zealand’s own gaming board of control and do not block the sites because they comply with the online gambling rules and regulations. This is what makes our numerous casino recommendations trusted online casino NZ platforms that you can legally join.
No casino listed will be from inside the borders of New Zealand because they would be classed as an illegal service.
Further Legal Points – Do I have to pay taxes on online casino winnings?
Joining any of the NZ trusted online casino operators found on OnlineCasinoNewZealand.nz, will allow you to be exempt from paying any taxes on the money you win from playing online casino games such as online slots, live blackjack, live roulette, sports betting and video poker. However, one game has been singled out as having an element of skill involved whereas others are based on luck.
Winnings from online poker games that are played live, can potentially meet the taxation criteria. There is a loophole, however, and that is the international jurisdiction you’re playing within online. So, it is not a legal requirement to report winnings made from live poker and would be very unlikely that a prosecution would win given the income comes outside of New Zealand and the Inland Revenue has no legal access to this information. It’s a simple case of where you place your moral standing.
Getting Started – What to expect inside the casinos NZ that you can join today?
So, you’re feeling about ready to play inside one of the sites highly recommended on our site. So, what steps are taken to join a NZ casino online? Here we discuss how to make a player’s account with any of the online casino websites found here and also, pointing out key matters regarding downloading software from popular online casinos, setting up your optional banking services and validating your bonuses from the online casino sites.
The process of registering with casinos in NZ is the same for any player looking to join any site around the world, it’s simple and universal. All casinos must follow the industry’s KYC standards. This is a process run by the casino to get the correct data from a member to help maintain security standards for the rest of the members, thusly, illuminating fraudulent behaviour.
The Know Your Customer registration process is as follows:
- Click on preferred casino to sign-up and register
- Select your username and password
- Supply detail of your Full Name, Date of Birth, Residential Address and Email Address
- You MUST supply a Photo I.D and a Photo Proof or Copy of any Utility Bill or Statement for the Past 3 Months. The submission form of the casino’s registration process will have an attachments section, in which, you can supply these documents
- You will receive an email confirming you have submitted the detail
- The process of registration can take between 5 minutes to 24 hours whilst checks are done and confirmed. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email for you to activate your account
- Activating your account, you will be transferred to the homepage of the casino to log in. at this stage, you are required to add banking details to complete your account so you can deposit and commence playing and collecting your Welcome Bonuses.
- Once you’ve completed any deposits into the casino, you are free to begin playing.
Banking is obviously important, and you must be able to meet at least one of the banking methods listed by the casino you join. You have to check on this section prior to registration, otherwise, your time completing the registration details may be a waste of your time.
There is the option to change your banking method if you are initially unable to meet the casino’s terms, so if you do get stuck, setting up a new bank account with a new service provider these days is very simple and takes hardly anytime at all.
For the banking process, you will need to make sure that the casino is able to provide services that are able to support the depositing transactions of your finances and those of your withdrawals.
Some services, for example, MasterCard, may have an agreement with the casino to handle both deposits and withdrawals. With another casino, they may only be able to deal with the deposits but not the withdrawals and vice versa. So be aware that not all casinos are the same in the structural sense of banking and neither are the bank services themselves when it comes to the forms of payment they can provide.
Commonly found banking services provided by the online casinos NZ has:
- Bank Transfer
Ultimately, there is a deluge of options that range from credit card services to pre-paid vouchers.
For more detailed information, you can select any of the payment methods to read more about how they work and how you can apply to update your original payment services to match the casino you wish to join.
The Infamous Welcome Bonus is one of the most common promotions given out by nearly every single online casino in the world. The good news is that every casino online NZ has, 100% of them reward players with a Welcome Bonus.
There are many types of Welcome Bonuses available, they can be as a package that gifts players with extra cash to play with and a selection of incredible free spins that can be used across all virtual machines inside the casino.
Some Welcome Bonuses give players instant rewards without the need of depositing to claim their free offer and you still get to keep what you win. No casino is the same and neither are their special Welcome Bonus offers, so keep an eye out for those which are more profitable.
If you wish to claim a Welcome Bonus because they are optional, you must defer to the terms and conditions of the offer as all casinos have their own set of guidelines and rules to how they are meant to be used.
If your Welcome Bonus is a deposit-based offer, then you will have to make your initial payments into your account to see the return. If the offer comes with a promotional code, they enter the bonus code in with your deposited payment in the section provided by the casino.
Some online casino operators will provide players with the option of downloading the entire gaming platform of their casino. This is usually provided to those using their Desktop as a means of accessing the website. This allows users to download service in order to play offline.
Other downloads provided are the casinos’ mobile apps. These are also free download options and, in some cases, will come with special mobile bonuses for those selecting to experience the casino via their mobile smartphone device.
The instructions of any featured download will be presented by the casino on the selected page of their site. They will advise of what software systems are applicable and what size of memory or GB it will take up on your device.
What are the online casino best deal promotions?
When you register with any New Zealand online casino, you are not only given the option of claiming a Welcome Bonus to help you play games with more cash and more free spins. There are promotional pages on every site that can grant you more rewards to play with. You are allowed to experience their free casino games option too!
Usually, promotion bonuses are simply cash and spin allowances, but they can be packaged in a variety of ways.
- Free Spins on the Game of the Week.
- Re-Boost Bonuses which give you more money back on your deposits.
- Cashback Bonuses, again increasing your bankroll based on a percentage of money lost during your time playing within the week.
- Loyalty Points that accumulate for every wagered bet placed that turns into a cash allowance.
- VIP club rewards. The accumulation of points allows you to climb tiered levels within the casino’s bonus scheme. The more points you get the more rewards are returned and the bigger they become.
These are just some examples, but all bonuses are essentially giving you the chance to play with additional Free Spins and additional money to help you win more money back from the casino that you get to keep and cash out!
The best promotions are all relative to what you play. 100 Free Spins on new game releases may not appeal too much to a player that only has an interest in playing live dealer blackjack games. Perhaps, for a player looking to play live games would be better off opting for a promotional offer that increases their bankroll with more monetary credit.
But if you find yourself limited and in the example above, should you receive 100 Free Spins, just try your luck. The odds of winning something from 100 Spins are insanely good and what you win from them can be kept and transferred to any of the live games thereafter.
There are a number of bonuses that have benefits and are seen by many players as being the best kind of offers you can get.
- Loyalty Bonuses:These are random rewards that are tailored to your favourite games. For example, if you consistently play slots, you are more than likely to be rewarded random free spins as a thank you from the casino. Same if you continuously played sports bets, free cash bets will be rewarded to you as a thank you allowance.
- No Deposit Bonuses: These are bonuses that come with no wagering requirements, meaning they are available to use without all the restrictive terms and conditions which dictate how the bonus should be used and what games it would normally be eligible for.
- Refer a Friend Bonus: A number of online casinos will reward you and your friend with additional cash by simply boosting their membership numbers.
Which online casino is easiest to win?
A great tip for helping you select which casino to join is by analysing the casino’s payout percentage. This is an indicator of how frequently members of a site win from the games within. The higher the percentage of the casino’s payout rate the better.
Here is a top 5 list of New Zealand’s online casinos in order of payout rate:
- Wildz = 97.68%
- Gate 777 Casino = 97%
- Spin Casino = 96.99%
- Jackpot City = 96.74%
- GunBet = 96.22%
Access and Play – How to immerse yourself in online casino NZ gameplay
The most popular form of gameplay with an online casino is now done through the mobile phone. 56% of casino members will access their preferred operator via their Smartphone, whilst the Desktop comes in with 30% and Tablet and MAC users make up the remaining percentages. The numbers for mobile gameplay increase year on year, with more and more people wanting to take their casino online with them no matter where they are.
Not every casino online has yet adapted to the mobile app service, though the casinos are still all available via the Internet browser which you can access from your mobile phone. This is the same process of playing from a Desktop, MAC or even a Tablet.
Some casinos which are adaptable to mobiles can either provide a full gaming experience or you will find they are limited to a number that can be played. So, you will need to carry out your own research with regards to how much of the casino’s games are available through the mobile service, be it from the browser or from the app.
NZ online casino services can be accessed from a number of software developers.
These are your three main software operators; they will help you to play from any device going. You have Android for all Android devices. iOS which covers all Apple products and Windows will work on Blackberry mobile phones, Desktops and Macs.
Responsible Gaming – Supportive action for online gambling NZ players
Our TOP 10 online casino New Zealand list supplies the best gambling services for the year 2020 and beyond. A key part of their 5-star customer support is the acknowledgement of responsible gaming.
These award-winning online gambling sites will support players with advice on gambling addiction and can also help with self-imposed restrictions. The restrictions can be determined by the player as to the amount they can spend in a chosen period, usually a week or month. And it also restricts the number of times they can log into the casino, again, this can be selected for daily use, weekly use or monthly.
The options are there to help players’ use their finances sensibly and to gain a better awareness of self-management. Extra support is on hand for those with gambling addiction, as all of the top casinos recommended by us advertise professional help from organizations that are solely there to help with addictive gambling.
Casinos are there to help, you know they say: “When the Fun Stops, Stop!” They can help players know if they play too much by assisting you with a few simple questions. You can be rated on a scale of no issues, low risk, moderate risk and the inevitable acceptance that there is a clear gambling problem.
Casinos offer a Time-Out option, this can cover a period of 24-hours, 7 days or a full month until you are allowed to log into your account again. Should you set a limit and then revoke this inside of the self-imposed Time-Out limit, then there is a 7-day retriggering period for the revoke to take place.
Players are also able to get notifications from the casino that are called Reality Checks. These will remind you how long you have been playing for and what profit has been made during this time. So, if nothing has been won, it can be a stark reminder to give-up and give it some time before you try again, perhaps when you are more financially stable.
Self-Imposed Payment Restrictions
There are a number of limits that you can self-set on your account when it comes to handling your finances.
- Deposit Limits control the amount of money you pay into your casino account.
- Wagering Limits control the amount you can bet.
- Loss Limits handles the amount of money you lose over your period of play.
- Session Limits controls the amount of time you get to play from the moment you log-in. Changing your self-imposed limits after setting the restrictions will take 24 hours before your changes can take effect and to fully remove the service, you will need to contact a member of the customer support team of that casino.
FAQs – Top questions regarding the online casinos New Zealand has available
To end this guide on online casinos in New Zealand we look at the commonly asked questions regarding the online services casinos provide. So, for those asking are there any real online casinos? This will put your mind at ease when trying to understand operators and when looking for the best selection of online casinos that pay winnings in real New Zealand dollars.
Why play inside online casinos?
Making real money at your convenience should be done so with the right security measures in place and through a legal operator. Our sites guarantee this level of service as standard. Through these operators, you will be able to acquire protection over your time playing the games you love and experience a unique range of gambling opportunities from the leading software developers in the business.Online casinos expand your options from live gameplay through to tournaments and the opportunity to enjoy sports bets and win from the biggest jackpot games to have ever been created for the platform.
- 100% Licensed Service and Gaming.
- Jackpots Paid in New Zealand Dollars.
- Sports Betting and Live Casino.
- Exclusive Welcome Bonuses.
Which online casinos offer the best bonuses?
You’ll find our website provides several different top 10 lists. From them, you can find the top sites offering different top bonuses; Top No Deposit Casinos, Top Free Spins Casinos, Top Exclusive Bonus Casinos and so on. Each casino listed will detail the exact bonus information within their review.
How can I tell if an online casino is safe?
At OnlineCasinoNewZealand.nz we run background company checks and first-hand tests before we put a casino out for recommendation on our website. There are a number of details to look for and the best casinos will proudly display these details on their site as a badge of honour.If you look for casino through other platforms away from us, then be cautious if you are unable to read details from the operator regarding what software is used, who the regulator is and what their license number is. If one of these three things is missing, then our recommendation would be to avoid joining such a casino.Remember to look for:
- SSL Software